Office Surabaya/ Wisma German
EKONID is represented in the “Wisma Jerman” (German House) in Surabaya, Indonesia’s second biggest city in the east of Java. Wisma Jerman, founded end of 2011 as an Indonesian foundation is a worldwide unique cooperation between the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Goethe Institute and supported by the German Embassy. The Wisma Jerman therefore represents the interests of Germany in the region of East Java with the three pillars: economy, education (language) and culture.
On behalf of EKONID, the German-Indonesian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Wisma Jerman builds up a network of political and economic contacts to promote trade and investment within the region. Starting actively in 2012 networking activities like business gatherings – which look back on a long tradition in Jakarta – have been organized on a constant basis, as well as the first German Oktoberfest at the Sheraton Hotel in Surabaya.
Tasks of the Wisma Jerman on behalf of EKONID:
- Representation of German economic interests in East Java
- Buildup and fostering of a local member- and network structure
- Implementation of economic promotion events in East Java like delegation visits or trade fair support
- Implementation of EKONID´s services for German and Indonesian enterprises
With the presence of EKONID in Surabaya German companies are enabled to be included into the interdisciplinary work of the Wisma Jerman. Thus, events provide networking possibilities with several sectors and the representation of German as well as Indonesian member companies in the region.
Common events of EKONID, Goethe Institute and Wisma Jerman serve
- Buildup networks
- Promoting Germany as an investment and study location
- Distributing information about Germany
- Strengthening cooperation between German and Indonesian institutions in the fields of economy, education and culture.
On behalf of the Goethe Institute Wisma Jerman offers German language courses, supports the worldwide PASCH-initiative of the German government and conducts cultural events in order to enhance the cooperation between German and local artists.