Job Opening: Business Development Junior Executive - Market Consulting Services
We are looking for Business Development Junior Executive (Market Consulting Services). Submit your application by 29 November 2023 at the latest.
About German-Indonesian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
The German-Indonesian Chamber of Commerce is a private non-profit organization which serves as Germany's official representation in Indonesia. Our primary goal is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and Indonesia. Customer focus, intercultural respect, creativity, reliability, networking and teamwork are the values that make up our company's DNA, reflecting the unique blend of qualities found in each of our team members. To complete our team, we are looking for highly motivated full-time candidates to gain hands-on experience in assisting the business expansion of German and Indonesian companies (physical presence with home office option for a maximum of two days).
You will work closely with the Head and Business Development Team, especially in the Market Access Division (research and consulting), to support ongoing projects of small and medium-sized German companies from a wide range of industries looking to enter the Indonesian market. Supporting clients with their business development in Indonesia is a key element of the Consulting Team.
- Supporting German small and medium-sized enterprises to enter the Indonesian market, e.g. through market analysis/studies/short articles/presentation and business partner search;
- Work closely with Department Heads and Management of our German clients to support their market entry strategies in Indonesia;
- Conduct industry-specific market research
- Making phone calls related to business partner connections
- Support Business Development Team in execution technical seminar/business roundtable, follow-up, acquisition of experts, VIPs, participants and on-site support for German and Indonesian participants
- Promoting European trade fairs to Indonesian companies through marketing activities;
- Coordinate with external vendors
- Support other administrative responsibilities relevant to project management and event management
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) or higher degree in business, economics, or related field
- Proficiency in German is a plus point
- Interest in German-Indonesian economic relations
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Understanding of prioritization and efficient allocation of time and resources
- Excellent communication and customer-service skills
- High comfort level interacting with clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based and international environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to grasp complicated subjects quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- International experience (study abroad, student exchange or Indonesian international school)
- Experience in one of the government institutions, chambers of commerce or business associations
- Experience in specific industries such as communication, environment, waste management, renewable energy, health and public services
- Organizational experience
Location: Jakarta (physical presence with home office option for a maximum of two days)
Start date: January 2024
How to apply: send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applications will be considered only with a resume AND cover letter (German or English).